Why Privacy Matters to The Company
- Data Controller
The Company provides the Service to Users from a range of countries, and, we act as our own Data Controller as defined in Article 4 of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and our details can be found on the contact us portion of website.
- What Information do we collect?
The Company collects information at various times whilst you make use of the Service, including when your account is created, usage and device information.The following information is collected by and on behalf of The Company:
- User Account: We collect information when you create or update your User Account. This may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), information of Services purchased from the Company. This also includes the preferences and settings that you enable for your The Company account.
- Payment Information: If you use the Service to make payments, we may also collect certain payment information, such as credit card, PayPal, Swipe or other financial institution information which may be shared with these organizations to facilitate payments, including unique account reference numbers.
- Usage data: Information concerning how you use the ww.enerpize.com website (“the website”) and the Services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preference to receive marketing information from us.
- Browser Data is data concerning your browser language, IP address, time and date of visit, your browser version and platform and so forth, for statistical, security and legal purposes.
- Other information. The Company collects all other information as may be required to process any order or the Services, such as the delivery/billing address.
- How is your personal data collected?
- Information obtained directly from you. Most of your personal data is collected from the information that you provide us with when accessing the Website and opening a User Account. We also collect data when payments are made, requests are made for marketing information or you contact our customer care.
- Information we obtain from interaction with the Website and the Services. As you interact with the Services and the website, we can collect technical data concerning how you interact with the Services, for example, IP addresses and your usage of the website and the Services. This information assists the Company in providing the best possible service to you.
- Data Collected by Automated Means. The Company used various methods and technologies to to be used on the Website, or any applications which have been or may be developed to facilitate the Services for the benefit of the User.
- How we use your information
The Company collects and uses information to maximize service delivery and ensure that you are aware of the full suite of available products and services. We also use information we collect for: customer support, research & development, legal proceedings, maintaining the website security. We will not sell your information to third parties for direct marketing purposes
- Providing services and features
The Company uses the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve the Services and related products and services. This includes using the information to:
- Create and update your account.
- Verify your identity.
- Process or facilitate payments for the Services.
- Safety and security
- Customer support
The Company uses the information we collect to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to record live voice calls, voice mails, voice records and emails transmitted between the User and our customer care representatives. The Company further uses the customer care information to:
- direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person;
- investigate and address your concerns; and
- monitor and improve our customer support responses.
- Research and development
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products.
- Communications from The Company
The Company may use the information we collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events.
You may receive some of these communications based on your User Account and the activation to receive marketing materials from the Company. EU Users have the right to elect not to receive the above-mentioned communications from us.
- Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of The Service, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
- Cookies and Third-party Technologies
The Company, like many websites and our partners, affiliates, analytics, and, service providers use “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk for record keeping purposes.
The cookies and similar technologies are used for purposes such as: -
- Authenticating users
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of the Services;
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of people who interact with the website and the Services.
- Information Sharing, Disclosure and Third Parties
In order to support our operations we rely on several third party service providers, to help us with various services such as payment processing, web audience analysis, cloud hosting, marketing and communication etc.
Should you require information concerning:
- which third party service providers we use;
- what personal data is shared with those service providers; and
- how your information is used by those service providers
Kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment information may be shared with our third-party service providers, exclusively for the purposes facilitating payments for the Services
- Information Retention and Deletion
The Company maintains your personal information for the entire period that you maintain an account with The Company, and, following the request to delete same then it is deleted immediately by The Company, to the extent that it is not legally obligated to retain same.
The Company requires information contained on your User Account in order to provide the Services, and retains such information for as long you maintain your User Account.
The Company retains certain information, including transaction, location, device and usage information, for a minimum of 1(one) year, after the termination of a User Account in connection with regulatory, tax, insurance and other requirements in the places in which it operates. The Company further retains any applicable personal data for the necessary periods as set out in several legislation, including, but not limited to the National Credit Act of 2005 and the Consumer Protection Act of 2008.
Once such information is no longer necessary to provide The Services, enable customer support, enhance the User experience, or required by any applicable legislation or other operational purposes, The Company takes steps to prevent access to or use of such information for any purpose other than compliance with these requirements or for purposes of safety, security and fraud prevention and detection.
You may request deletion of your User Account at any time through the Privacy Settings in the The Company app, or via The Company’s website.
Following such request, The Company deletes the information that it is not required to retain for the Services, however, deletion of your User Account will result in automatic termination of your access to the Service, for which no refund may be applicable. In certain circumstances, the Company may be unable to delete your account, such as if there is an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute. Upon resolution of the issue preventing deletion, The Company will delete your account as described above.
The Company may also retain certain information if necessary, for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing Users' safety and security. For example, if The Company shuts down a User Account because of unsafe behaviour or security incidents, The Company may retain certain information about that account to prevent that User from opening a new The Company account in the future.
- Special Information for European Users
Effective May 25 2018, the processing of personal data of users in the European Union is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Our data processor is, whose contact details are available from email@example.com
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
We are obligated to collect and use your personal information as a result of:
Processing of Personal Information is Necessary
The processing of personal information is necessary for The Company to provide the Service for the following reasons:
- User Account information that is necessary to establish and maintain your account, including verifying the identity of the User, so that we may communicate with you concerning the Services.
- Payment information contained on your User Account is necessary for the payment of the Services and for any renewals thereof.
Legitimate Interest to The Company
- The parties are aware that due to the nature and volume of transactions, including sensitive information such as credit card, debit card and similar information, for the purposes of facilitating payments with our Third Party Providers listed at Section 7 above , personal information is retained to mitigate the risk of fraud and report any perpetrators to the relevant authorities.
- Personal information shall accordingly be retained in order to maintain the network security of the The Company platform, so that any parties attempting to hack or compromise the network security may be reported to the relevant authorities.
- To provide customer support.
- To inform law enforcement of criminal acts or any threats to public safety, which we may identify through the use of the The Services.
Legal Obligations of The Company
- The Company is subject to a range of legal requirements in the jurisdictions in which the Service is offered, which, would accordingly require us to collect, disclose and process your personal information where there is any contravention of any law, or where we are required to meet a legal obligation imposed on us by any governmental authority.
- you are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time, and, we shall only use your information as is statutorily required of us due to any legal obligation arising from any local, state, national legislation or international treaty, and, upon request we shall further you with particulars concerning the precise nature of the legal obligation. You are also notified that withdrawal of your consent to store any information necessary for the User’s access to the Services will result in your use of the Service being discontinued. This expressly excludes where consent to use personal information for marketing purposes is withdrawn.
- Force Majeure